Saturday, June 28, 2008

First Post!

Hello Female Dogs!

Sorry. That is my way of using a cuss word without actually saying it. As a teenager, cuss words are still "off-limits"- even if the stupid people that actually made that rule (my parents) cuss themselves. Only "sometimes". Like when somebody cuts them off, they 'swing the bat' a few times. *rolls eyes*. I seriously cannot wait for college. The Freedom! Alas, I am not even in high school. I, in fact, have to wait until two thousand thirteen (2013, for all you dumb-butts out there) to get away from my way-overprotective parents.
But I have it good. Some call it lucky- my parents are not rich, but upper-middle class. Which basically means we live in a 1 million dollar house, but cannot buy whatever we want. Like I actually follow that rule. *snort*. I buy whatever the heck I want. Well, not whatever, but I am going to a 20 grand a year school and there is no doubt in my mind that I am going to get:

  • A Chanel/LV/Dior/Chloe purse
  • A Juicy Couture backpack
  • Juicy Couture school supplies
  • a credit card (it's my first year and I am riding the- dundundun- bus. It might break down on the highway!! Ack! Or my mom and dad will be going to pick me up and a truck might hit them and they might not be able to pick me up from the drop-off/pick-up place and I'll be all alone with no money!!)
  • a iPod Touch (my other got stolen; ah the joys of public school)
  • a Sidekick LX (SK3s are so last year)
  • a Chanel/YSL/Marc Jacobs (or just that weird brand on the internet) peacoat
  • other self-proclaimed "needs".
Yes, I realize that we are in a recession, but my parents (mom) are (is) prepared to spend the money so that I "look good" on the first day of school. Granted, I get one purse a year and the credit card will probably only have a 500 dollar limit. As if I care. I'm just happy my mom sees the face that these people aren't gonna be "upper middle class" like me- they are gonna be upper class. As in 5 times as expensive houses and Chanel and better crap than me. Sure, my dad is going to have a hissy-fit about it. But the next day everything will be normal again. Because my mom is getting a job. (well, he always gets over it the day after anyway, but that'll help.)

On to the fashion!

Beautiful Bags
Nobody [normal] likes lugging around and ugly backpack- it's a fact of life. Get an ah-dorable tote instead. On a budget? Try the new Chloé line, See by Chloé- it's half the price of the regular ones and just as cute.

[picture coming soon!]

Punk Passion
Haven't you heard? Punk is the new prep! Maybe it is time to start going to Hot Topic... Not! All your fave brands have punk- and if they don't go to Anna Sui, the lady who started it all! Go my minions! But wait- you do not know the first thing about punk fashion. That's why you have moi!
For all those thinking that punk is black lipstick and all that: Punk is NOT goth. Punk is like Fall Out Boy or Avril Lavigne before she went blonde. But you don't exactly want the before-Avril. You want the after-Avril! She is the look you want to go for. Maybe not exactly (I don't recommend wearing a jacket with a big Canadian flag on the back). Try oversized Jeans with a studded belt. Or dip-dyed flared jeans and a tweed coat. Boots are all the rage, so find a nice chunky pair and pair it with an over-sized coat. The thing is, you don't want to go too dark with anything: bright is in!

Chanel, pre-Fall 2008


* * * * *
* * *
* *
*

Sorry people! I have a life! I have to leave now! Comment the blog.

-Jeune Royauté
aka Young Royalty

PS: Raise your hand if you read the August 2008 Teen Vogue! *raises hand*

0 comments: